A REGISTERED NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION –ISKF member
KENSHIN SHOTOKAN-KARATE CLUB
KENSHIN Karate Club of Red Deer is accepting NEW MEMBERS!!!
Our purpose is to help you develop a well-balanced mind and body through traditional Shotokan karate training.
KENSHIN Karate club’s blends the traditional elements and concepts of Shotokan karate with practical lessons for self defense.
Our karate training will be broken down based on the concept of “three Ks”. The "three Ks" are Kihon, Kata, and Kumite and we will focus on each core training element individually. When all these three elements are combined then the three K’s are becoming one, and that is ...KARATE.
Be prepared to work hard (physically demanding!) and to strive to achieve your goals.
“The ultimate aim of karate lies not in victory or defeat but in the perfection of the character of its participants."
- hitotsu, jinkaku kansei ni tsutomuru koto
- hitotsu, makoto no michi wo mamoru koto
- hitotsu, doryōku no seishin wo yashinru koto
- hitotsu, reigi wo omonzuru koto
- hitotsu, kekki no yū wo imashimuru koto
Generally, the English translation states:
- Each person must strive for the perfection of one's character
- Each person must be faithful and protect the way of truth
- Each person must endeavour (fostering the spirit of effort)
- Each person must respect others and the rules of etiquette
- Each person must refrain from violent behavior (guard against impetuous courage)
- Seek perfection of character
- Be sincere
- Put maximum effort into everything you do
- Respect others
- Develop self-control